Antarctica, South Georgia and Falklands Explorer on Ocean Endeavour
An epic, 21-day adventure across the depths of the Drake Passage awaits. The destination? The awe-inspiring Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Discover just how impressive Shackleton’s journey was and become immersed in wildlife encounters along the way. Visit penguin rookeries, watch whales breach and scout for seals along the shoreline, with a team of onboard polar experts leading Zodiac excursions through the ice-filled bays and on land. Days at sea offer comfortable living quarters and services catering for health and wellness, as well as a program of lectures and screenings to enhance your knowledge and appreciation of the area, adding to what really is a once-in-a-lifetime trip to discover the last frontier.
- This expedition hits three major Antarctic hotspots – the Peninsula, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands – maximising chances of spotting wildlife and exploring diverse polar landscapes.
- We carbon-offset all our trips, serve only sustainable seafood, avoid single-use plastics and more to help preserve Antarctica (and the world) for future generations.
- Retrace the route of the legendary Sir Ernest Shackleton, who led three expeditions to the Antarctic region, and uncover the historical events of his journey.
- Freezing is great but freedom is better. Customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities on top of regular Zodiac excursions. Explore the water by kayak, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and a massage, take a refreshing polar plunge or camp overnight like a true polar explorer.
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable, well-appointed small expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar Regions. The ship has an ice-strengthened hull, Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings, and advanced navigation equipment. This refurbished vessel offers a superb guest experience with an expansive choice of cabin categories, large cabins and common areas, a sundeck and observation area, plenty of deck space for polar landscape viewing, and lounges for learning and reflection. The ship’s interiors have a contemporary aesthetic that provides a bright and spacious feel throughout.
Ocean Endeavour is also the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness and offers a contemporary approach to cuisine and newly-designed health and fitness features. Facilities include a spa serviced by organic spa provider VOYA, His and Hers saunas, a saltwater pool, a gym, and a juice and smoothie bar. Complimentary activities include yoga and stretching classes, an exclusive Polar Photography program, the Scientists in Residence program, and hosts more adventure options than any other Quark Expeditions vessel. The ship also has a polar library, and a Polar Boutique for gifts and any needed gear.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...